Firestone UltraPly TPO InvisiWeld System is a non-penetrating TPO membrane fastening system that roofing contractors use to protect commercial roofing systems. It is ideal for building owners who want a roofing system that can withstand Minnesota high winds and provide protection from the elements without damaging the roofing membrane.
The system contains no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or other organic chemicals that have a high vapor pressure at ordinary room temperature. The InvisiWeld System conforms to the highest standards for safety and property loss prevention, making it Factory Mutual (FM) approved.
Since the InvisiWeld System does not utilize adhesives or asphalt, we can install it in extremely cold climates. We have more opportunities to implement the system during cold weather instead of waiting for the temperature to heat up in the spring. With few fasteners, insulation plates, and labor costs, we can provide faster commercial roofing service with speedier deadlines per project.
How the InvisiWeld System Works
The Firestone UltraPly TPO InvisiWeld system utilizes patented technology to generate a safe electromagnetic pulse. The pulse bonds the plate to the underside of the membrane through a process known as induction heating.
We use a tool that operates on 120 volts. The tool welds the TPO membrane to the InvisiWeld Plate quickly and easily. The finished product looks clean and is built to endure the Minnesota weather all year long.
The Firestone UltraPly TPO InvisiWeld system distributes the wind pressure evenly across the roof. Even distribution improves the performs and keeps both wind and moisture from penetrating the roof.
What is the Result?
- An FM wind uplift rating of 1-90 A static test result of 500 lbf (2.2 kN) of force resistance
There are several features that make the InvisiWeld System a unique roofing product for building owners and commercial roofing contractors.
- TPO InvisiWeld plates attach to the insulation or cover board of the roof deck.
- Fasteners do not penetrate the membrane.
- Plates are not required in the seams.
- Plates are welded on the underside of the single-ply membrane.
The magnetic cooling clamps are placed on the membrane over the welded plate until the weld cools.
Benefits of the InvisiWeld System
There are several advantages to using the InvisiWeld System
- Quicker installation
- Increased wind uplift resistance
- Improved aesthetics over traditional mechanically fastened TPO
- Reduces labor and material costs
- Requires 25% to 50% fewer fasteners compared to conventional TPO systems
- Can be applied in cold climates during the winter season
- No membrane penetrations
- Faster roof dry
- Balanced load distribution
- Elimination of half sheets
- Provides a more balanced wind load distribution across the roof
- Less membrane fatigue and movement
- Significantly reduces roof noise
TPO Roofing Contractors in Minneapolis, MN
Qt Commercial’s specially trained staff provides the product knowledge and installation expertise necessary to work on high-end roofing projects in Minneapolis, MN. For more information regarding all of our replacement and new construction roofing options, contact us at (763) 535-5831.