- Comprehensive Services
From inspections and preventative maintenance to storm damage repair and ice dam removal, Qt can keep every aspect of your building well maintained.
- 24/7 Emergency Services
Disaster can strike at any time. When it does, you can count on Qt Commercial for 24/7 emergency services.
- Professional Contractors
To protect our customers, all Qt employees are fully licensed, bonded, and insured.
All commercial roofs require various piping, venting and curbs that route from the interior through to the exterior. Whether we’re installing a new flat roof or working on an existing roof, Qt Commercial can ensure these penetrations are water tight. Below are some of the most common mechanical roof-penetrations we work with.
- Curbs. Curbs are the support for your mechanical unit(s). From large to small, wood to metal, we can install the right curb needed for your roof.
- Cones. Cones are used to allow pipe and mechanical penetrations to exit the building through the roof system. Cones provide flexibility, which allows you wrap around a wide range of items.
- Pitch pans. Where typical meets atypical, this is where a pitch pan may be needed. Pitch pans are used where irregular penetrations are needed. In a pitch pan installation, a special sealer is used to encase your penetration to the roof system, which provides protection from moisture.
- Sleepers. Sleepers or skids are used in a variety of mechanical installations and give your roof an added layer of protection. Sleepers are installed to carry the weight load from bar joists, but they can also be used to keep mechanical items from sitting directly on the roof system.
- Pipe Chase. Pipe chase, pipe box, or dog house—they have many names but perform the same function. A pipe chase will form a finished space to house or conceal pipe and/or mechanical items. Adding a pipe chase helps reduce leaks and corrosion at the connections.
- Vent Pipes. A vent pipe, also known as a plumber’s jack, is installed to allow pressure to release from the plumbing drains. We can install pipes in areas where ventilation is most effective.
- Roof hatches. A roof hatch will allow you access to your roof system. If you are in need of a new hatch or a replacement hatch, we offer a variety of shapes and sizes depending on your roof needs.
If you’re adding curbs, pipes or anything that penetrates your commercial roof, Contact the professionals at Qt Commercial to ensure a water tight installation.